I don’t know about all of you but it feels like Easter came way too quick this year! I’m so not ready for it and Easter happens to be one of my favorite holidays (Halloween and Christmas are the others), mainly because I love all things rabbit…well, except rabbit stew.
Truth be told, I barely decorated my home for Easter this year!
My love for rabbits started when I was a little girl, my Dad bought me a stuffed animal that was a rabbit, I loved that thing so much; when I was a teenager, I gave the okay to my Mom to throw it out, worst mistake ever! (sorry bunny)
My Dad also bought me two live rabbits when I was young, they were white and fluffy with hot pink eyes, they pooped everywhere but I adored them so much. Ever since then I’ve always been
into infatuated with rabbits.
I’ve done a little Easter baking this past week and I hope to share my pictures with you in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here are some other Easter recipes that I am crazy about:
- I’ve really been into making sugar cookies lately and I’m trying to master working with royal icing, its nerve-wracking for me! Anyhoo, I am particularly loving these super cute bunny cookies made by Bridget over at bakeat350.blogspot.com! Aren’t they lovely?
- These cake pops by Bakerella are amazing. The ears are jordan almonds for crying out loud and check out the other details! I hope to master cake pops like her one day. Love them!
- I am obsessed with this cake featured on The Cake Blog…the blue color is gorgeous, the contrast of the speckling is beautiful and the eggs on top are, well, the icing on the cake! Obsessed, I tell you…this is on my “baking to-do” list (even if its after Easter).
- I adore these little cupcakes I found on Purple Chocolat Home! This is something my daughter would love to help me with…too cute.
- If there is no time to crank out intricate cookies, cakes and cupcakes, there is always time to make rice krispy treats and who doesn’t love a soft, chewy, marshmallowy rice krispy treat!? Well, my daughter for one but that’s another story. I, on the other hand, looove rice krispy treats and I actually got to make some this past weekend for my niece’s baby shower, who also happens to love them (will post pics soon). I really like the way Glorious Treats dressed hers up, this would look really nice on a Spring dessert table or even for a girls birthday party.
- And if in case you are looking for something savory instead of sweet, check out these cheese carrots! This is a very neat idea, they look so real too.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these recipes as much as I have.
What are you cooking up for Easter? I’d love to know.